RESULTS AND BENEFITS
The pilot plant will be running the in the Alfara Waste Treatment Plant, operated by TETMA, with a current Municipal Solid Waste capacity of 120.000 ton/yr.
The expected results of the Project are:
- A new concept of municipal waste treatment will be created.
- Development of a pilot plant of the proposed technology with a waste processing capacity of 450 tn/yr, producing 128 tn/year of liquid fuel. The liquid will be used by the own fleet of waste collection trucks and by other kinds of equipment that are often operated in a landfill (such as wheel loaders, excavators, generators, compressors, etc), for validation purposes.
- Reduction of fossil fuel consumption in 128 tn/year by processing 450 tn waste/yr
- Creation of at least 10 jobs, direct and indirect.
- Development of a certificate of biofuel’s performance in order to generate trust for potential ursers.
- Air quality improvement (NOx, SOx)
- Replication of the technology in other 3 Waste Treatment Facilities.
- More tan 300 visits per year to the pilot facility.
- Replacement of 100% of diesel fuel used by TETma trucks by the biofuel generated during the Project.